- “In the Cool of the Day,” our most popular story of 2013, is being reprinted in the up-coming Campbelltonian Anthology. Congratulations to Abyss & Apex author A. G. Carpenter.
- Our 4Q 2010 story, “Rumor of Wings” by Alter S. Reiss, was the featured story on the 12/5/13 Podcastle.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2012: “Land of Fire & Ashes” by Colin P Davies, “Lace Downstairs” by Arkady Martine, “Aurum” by Genevieve Valentine.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2011: “A New Bridge Across the Lethe” by Howard V. Hendrix, “Bot’s D’Amour” by Cat Rambo.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2010: “Sunlight” by Kelly Dwyer, “Anything Chocolate” by Caren Gussoff, “Talking to Elephants” by Mary Anne Mohanraj, “Ice Moon Tale” by Eilis O’Neal, “Night of the Manticore” by Tony Pi, “High Art” by Alan Smale, “The Tortouous Path” by Bud Sparhawk, “Spirits in the Night” by Michael Swanwick, “The Monks of Udom Xhai” by Lavie Tidhar.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2009: “Letter Found in a Chest Belonging to the Marquis de Montseraille Following the Death of That Worthy Individual” by Marie Brennan, “Mirror Girl” by Paul Carson, “A Hundreth Name” by Christopher Green, “East of Chula Vista” by Samantha Henderson, “In The Middle of Nowhere With Company” by Ruth Nestvold, “Rainbows and Other Shapes” by Patricia Russo, “No Cord or Cable” by Bud Sparhawk.
“Dancing for the Monsoon”“Dancing for the Monsoon”
- Howard Hendrix’s poem “Bumbershoot,” published in 2009, won the 2010 Dwarf Stars Award (Best Poem of 10 lines or less) from the Science Fiction Poetry Association.
- “Incarnation in the Delta” by Richard Foss (Abyss & Apex, #29: First Quarter 2009) was on the Tangent Recommended Reading List for 2009,
- “Snatch Me Another” by Mercurio D. Rivera was reprinted in Unplugged: The Web’s Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy, 2008 edited by Rich Horton.
- “Snatch Me Another” by Mercurio D. Rivera (Abyss & Apex 1Q/08) made the Locus Recommended Reading list for 2008.
- Abyss & Apex’s 2008 stories were given honorable mentions in Ellen Datlow’s Best Horror of the Year Volume One “Alan Smale’s “Quartet, With Mermaids” and Joanne Steinwachs’ “The Number of Angels in Hell.”
- Tony Pi’s “Metamorphoses In Amber” was a 2008 Prix Aurora Awards Finalist for Best Short Form Work in English.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2008: “Quartet, with Mermaids” by Alan Smale,”Dancing For the Monsoon” by Aliette de Bodard, “Stories of the Alien Invasion” by Manek Mistry, “Metamorphoses in Amber” by Tony Pi.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2007: “The Man Behind the Mirror” by Joseph Paul Haines,
The Man Behind the Mirror
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2006: “In the Season of Blue Storms” by Jude Marie Green, “New Spectacles” by Will MacIntosh, “Interfaith” by Lisa Mantchev, “All the Wonder in the World” by Lavie Tidhar.
- “Prayer Causes Stars” was nominated for the 2006 Rhysling Award (short poem category) and won Third Place, Dwarf Stars contest, 2006
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2005: “Museum Beetles” by Simon Kewin.
- “No Ruined Lunar City” (October 2004 #11) by Greg Beatty won the Rhysling Award in 2005.
- Year’s Best SF (Gardner Dozois), honorable mentions for 2004: “Live from the Volgograd Blackout” by Barth Anderson, “Those Boiled Bones” by Jay Lake.
- “Making a Sparrow,” from the March/April 2004 issue of Abyss & Apex, listed in the Honor Roll in The Year’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy for Teens, edited by Jane Yolen and Patrick Nielsen Hayden, and the Honorable Mention list in The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror, edited by Ellen Datlow and Kelly Link & Gavin Grant.
Banner Art by Mondolithic Studios